Monday 4 January 2016

2016 - NEW ME OR NEW GOALS?


Hey beautiful people! Yesss we made it. It's 2016 and I see an amazing year ahead. Can I hear the Amen? Lol.
Well well well,  it's another year again and people are already  going about  the"new year, new me" slogan and then some girls go like : "Yo! Am leaving your silly ass behind in 2015", people making new year resolutions that they never keep up with and you know how the story ends...
Why do you think people go through this whole drill at the beginning of each year and yet,  when the year comes to an end, it feels like they haven't achieved anything or nothing has changed, just the same old me from 2015?  Well lemme help you out a bit.
People often miss the point,  they get so carried away by the whole hype of entering a new year,  some get pretty emotional and begin to make unrealistic resolutions based on those emotions. This is why we often fail.
Get this now! It's not about changing the people in your life,  it's not even about changing goals neither is it about changing you. Huh? Someone is a lil bit confused now. Stay with me...
What we fail to realize is that nothing will change if you don't change your PERSPECTIVE. Yes, that's it,  we are getting somewhere..
Your perspective is the way you see things-your point of view.
Your perspective determines a whole lot - your perspective towards yourself, your perspective towards people, your perspective towards your faith,  your perspective towards your PRIORITIES. Gbam! This leads to another major issue.
Anyone, like anyone at all could achieve anything he wants to if only he would set his priorities straight! Your priorities are things that are most important to you.
Most times,  when we say we make new year resolutions,  what we do is make groundless decisions. Decisions are not something you make every now and then, there are some decisions you make once in a lifetime, then you set goals and priorities based on those decisions you have made. Get this point,  DECISIONS DO NOT CHANGE OFTEN, PRIORITIES DO!
The decision you make concerning your faith,  your family,  friends,  your career among others are once in a lifetime, then you begin to live out those decisions daily in order of Priorities. For instance,  if you make a decision to be the best student in your class this session and because of that,  you cut down your chatting hours and then your friends be like you have changed.
 I don't know if someone is still confused,  let me break it down with this scenario :
E.g Decision : I've decided to put God first in everything, To care for my family and improve my academics. I have made this decision and I make it once and for all, what I need to do now is to just live out this decision daily and how do I live them out - MY PRIORITIES   . My priorities must reflect these three major decisions. I must start each day with that which is most important to me and not until I have finished with my topmost priority will I move to the next.
So today,  I want us to do something,  get a sheet of paper or a book and a pen,  list out the 5 most important things to you,  it could be for example,  God,  family,  boyfriend,  career and friends,  anyhow you want it,  it's your list not mine but be honest to yourself. After that,  make a permanent  decision on how you want to improve on those five things. Think well, it's a lifetime decision.... Write it down and close the book.
 We will stop there for today, I don't want us to get confused. Tomorrow I will tell you what's next.!  Hope you found this post helpful? you can comment below  or if you still don't understand one or two things, no worries just send a mail to officialpurplenigmers@gmail.com and we will be sure to help you out.
Check this space tomorrow for the continuation of this post(Pt. 2), there's still a lot to be revealed and I can assure you by the time we are done, you will see a lot of positive changes in your life.
#purplenigmers #positiveworld #positivevibes #positivechange #errythingpositive...

No comments:

Post a Comment