Sunday 10 January 2016

BUSTED!

I try to move a pace ahead
But it seems am not trying hard enough, 
I try to move two paces ahead, 
But one step at a time the guide says, 
Trying may be difficult buh giving up is a disaster. 
The world does not celebrate the second best, at least,  not as much as they celebrate the best. 
To be the best in anything is not a day's job, 
It is a steady consistent process, 
You cannot cheat the grind, 
In this journey, don't lag behind. 
The world waits for no one, 
Once opportunity knocks,  it's too late to prepare, 
Start now if you want to be there, 
For tomorrow you never can tell, 
Your dream, your passion is not what you  sell, 
Let your outcome tell the story. 
Combine that passion with determination and zeal, 
It might not always be easy, 
People around making you feel you can't do it, 
Some indirectly saying you can't get there
But don't let the opinion of others drown that inner voice of hope, 
Even though the future may seem uncertain, 
Sometimes it's like I don't know where am heading, 
Like where are the headlights,  the signals, the road map? 
Am I meant to just keep walking blindly into this streak of darkness, 
With no path,  no trail, no work of science. 
And the only light I feel is through my heart, 
But will I stop dreaming? ... No
Will I stop believing? .... Never
Will I quit trying? ... Not an option. 
I will hold on to that tiny shining light that sparks within my soul, 
Creating in my head a beautiful picture to behold, 
This picture I see is the me I know I would become sooner than later,
The thought of it alone excites me, 
It ignites the fire of persistency that cannot be quenched, 
Because what is driving me is stronger and deeper than the thousand and one challenges I may face on my way. 
I will create a path of my own as I travel through the lane, 
Listening to that inner voice of hope urging me to go ahead, 
Not looking back at past failures and disappointments, 
Not worrying about  the future untold, 
This I would do, 
Until the light within cannot be kept inside anymore, 
And it explodes with its bubbles of joy filling the air, 
The world can then smile with you because you saw beyond, 
Beyond the pain. 
Beyond the struggles. 
Beyond the obstacles... 
You moved from being the dreamer to being the winner, 
Now you've earned it,  welcome on board! 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this post, inspiring piece....

    ReplyDelete