Monday 21 March 2016

ECHOES OF THE PAST

ECHOES OF THE PAST
Stricken by fear, 
Stripped of love, 
Gasping for air, 
Like never before. 
I seem alright on the outside, 
But am choked up within me, 
By noises, 
Strange sounds I must say, 
Unfamiliar I might have called them,
But for the syllables that seem striking. 
Now where is all these coming from? 
I thought I was over all that, 
I thought  I scaled through, 
I thought I  prevailed! 
Was it all a facade? 
But no, it can't be... NO!!! 
It felt too real to be untrue, 
Even an illusion will eventually unfold, 
But here,  there was never a reason to doubt,
There wasnt... 
Not until NOW! 
The echoes of my horrid past, 
Leaving a sudden trail in my heart, 
Causing me to quiver when i sleep at night, 
Making me doubt all i thought was right, 
How did I find myself in this hot pot of dilemma, 
Leaving me closed up like a bottle of cocacola, 
But no this is wrong altogether, 
My reality should not be submerged by shadows, 
My happiness should not be rubbished by mere echoes, 
My now should not be affected by my then, 
My past should not mess with my present, 
Because my past has been wiped off by the greatest stain eraser, 
The blood of One who was without blemish, 
That same One has been residing within me, 
The only One  who does not judge me by my past,  
He wiped off my past and gave me a fresh start, 
Thus, even my past has no right over my life. 
Yes I said it! I feel much better now on the inside, 
He who did this for me can do same for you, 
His name is Jesus,  have you met Him? 
                  - Jesunifemi Grace 

No comments:

Post a Comment