Monday 18 April 2016

CoLAWful

I wake up to the sunrise at dawn, 
I behold the beautiful sun at noon, 
Then the stars in the cloud at night, 
And I say to myself, "this is colorful". 

I watch the flowers as I walk to class, 
So splendid in their numbers, 
They spark up the streets of the city, 
The true definition of alluring beauty, 
Yes I say,  this is colorful. 

I study the people around me, 
Male and female, young and old, 
People of color united by purpose, 
The birds of the air, the fowls of the sea, 
Oh yeah, very colorful indeed. 

Then alas! I'm drawn aback, 
My attention raped by these group of guys, 
They seem unique yet I dunno why, 
I can't seem to wrap my head or place my hands on what exactly, 
Talk about dexterity mixed with integrity,
People of honor in the same fraternity, 
A stroke of fashion glazed with legality, 
Talk about talents flavored with intellects, 
Oh wow! This is definitely CoLAWful... 

            - Jesunifemi Grace



No comments:

Post a Comment