Friday 4 November 2016

THAT GIRL

THAT GIRL
So many years of restriction
Lost in the city of perdition
Everyone around seem to be doing fine
Laughing, living and a ll you can mention
But all i did was to just exist,
No moments, no stories i’d rather not take the risk
Blending in was not the problem for i knew the drill
The girl of many talents but i held back still
The little i do i get so many applauds.
I wonder what will happen when i release it all

I am that girl that seeks perfection
I am that girl that bottles up emotion,
I am that girl that is scared of attention,
Yet i don’t want my life to be a fiction.

If only i knew how they do it,
Then i would be able to fix the pieces
If only i had a clue
Then the puzzle won’t be such a mystery,
If only i could figure it out,
The answers to the riddles, the key to the hurdles,
Then it would be much easier,
I am that girl who does not have the  luxury of easy,
But  I don’t want to be that girl anymore,
I want to live, laugh, love,
I think i’ve had enough,
I want to flip over and see what’s on the other side of the coin,
So many moments untouched,
So many opportunities unattained,
For fear that i might not be the same.

Maybe i am meant to be that kind of girl,
Maybe i was wired that way,
With all the perfect moments  in my head,
I know when to play and when to pause,
So calculated...yet this is not Algebra.
I don’t want to be Physics,
I want to be Chemistry,
 I want to mix various potions and  see the reactions,
I don’t want to be Facebook,
I want to be Snapchat,
With my stories so captivating, fam can’t pick a fave,
I don’t want to be a one-way route,
I want to be a T-junction,
With  several channels leading to one destination,
I want to live life like it ought to be lived,
I want to laugh hard till i can barely breathe,
I want to take risks that will make me free,
I just want to be me with nothing hidden.


1 comment:

  1. This is so touching.A very beautiful empathic piece

    ReplyDelete