Wednesday 12 October 2016

YOU BEFORE ME


Seen the movie?
Me before you.
Dude was actually selfish, letting go when he loved, just because he was scared of the future.
Although he committed suicide - something I'll never do 🙅.
"Loving can hurt" according to one of the songs played in the movie. Actually, loving won't hurt more if you never gave enough and you let go knowing you could have done better.
What am I on about?

Love is a stairway and missing your step could hurt just more than your foot.
Love is going to change you forever. You're never the same person before you loved when you stop loving.
I guess I'm trying to make three points about myself.
Regrets could be lessons if let be.
1) love is a platform for the other to grow
2) love is bigger than your idea of a perfect relationship. Stop denying yourself and your partner of all the joy you could have.
3) If you find yourself in love with someone taking advantage of your good attributes and abusing them, don't change yourself because they deserve worse than you offer. Rather improve yourself and your worth. They might just hate you for being too good to be true... At least you're that good. Maybe they'll come to terms that they don't deserve you and step up their game. Or maybe you'll finally agree that you're worth your value.

In that movie, the guy had an idea of the relationship he'd rather be in. Even tho he could never have it, he allowed his expectation mar his vision. He couldn't see the beautiful, rare opportunity presented to him. He probably felt he didn't deserve that much. Doesn't this happen everyday around us?
Some months ago, I wrote an article here covering my experience as a guy in different relationships I had. There, I viewed my situation through an unclean spectacle. I saw the faults in others while my spectacles were so stained, no matter were I looked, there were faults. I guess you can say I had issues.
🙍🙎🙍🙍🙍🙎
In view of this, I say one bad relationship can destroy the good in you.
You just have to fight to remain who you really are cos in the end, no one cares about your story, they just want your blessings. People will take you for what you can offer.

If you're in a relationship, think about it, what is your essence to your partner? There has to be something, whether material or not, something. After all love is always tied to something.
Only God can truly love you the way you think love actually exists. Humans are known to be in for something.
Be someone, be something, make your partner better, happier, healthier, smarter. Most importantly, make your partner deserve your love. Only your love could make that possible.

Written by :
Abe Tomiwa

Your comment means a lot to us. If you have any contributions, questions or recommendations, email us at officialpurplenigmers@gmail.com
Have a colorful and love-filled day💕

1 comment: