Friday 27 January 2017

UNWANTED HELLOS

Unwanted Hellos

What are you?
 Ye who gives and takes
 Who are you?
Ye who loves and forsakes

 In the blink of an eye,
Ye who were once shy
Can now pass me by
without saying “hi”

You chose to leave
And watched me grieve
 Even when asked,
You called me Eve

You took it whole
Without a bowl
And sat to watch
The Super Bowl

You let it fall,
And roll down the hall
What did it matter
You never did call

You chose to see
What eyes never saw
And I walked away
By quarter past four

How did you think it would all pan out?
With your cards of destruction
Mixed in soured love potion
You watched to see
How far I’d gone
Because to you
It was nothing but fun

You checked to find
The feelings you left
I’m happy to say
My return was deft

Time may have gone by
And I may have lost sight
Of what in days past
Was really my fight

It’s now quite revealing
As I look passed the ceiling…
Feelings once sealed in,
Now need refilling.

In my healing process
I took to no recess
I began re-sealing
Granting no access

But such is life
I’ve learnt in strife
Where people roam
The earth with a knife

Where things you feel
Are never precise
Nor things you hear
Ever concise

Most often than not
You are fed with lies
And all you can do
Is cover with smiles

You profound, petty, pretentious pea!
Who has chosen not to let me be
Do not check in
Or pretend you care
Nor look my way
In your cunning glare

And as I mend my broken soul
And once again make the broken whole
Keep your fake halo
And yes ofcourse
Your unwanted hellos

SAW 

No comments:

Post a Comment